It’s the most wonderful time of the year. There are lights everywhere, hot cocoa, warm fires, cold nights, and (after finals of course) the much needed break from school. But of course it is also the most stressful time of the year, with to do lists that go on for days, presents to buy, people to see, stuff to bake, and yes, finals. It can get pretty overwhelming…
Do you want to know a way to make it easier and more rewarding?? Instead of focusing on finding the most perfect gift for absolutely every person you know, focus on finding other ways to give! Give your time and talent!
Today is the perfect way to start! Today is #givingtuesday, a day to give back in whatever way you can. Think about it, we have a day to eat turkey and be thankful, 2 days of deals, a day to shop small businesses, and now we have a day to give back.
Here are 10 ways to give back on #givingtuesday. Take a picture and tag @baylor_catholic and we might post your photo!
- Donate some food to a food pantry.
- Buy someone a cup of coffee.
- Call an old friend on the phone and ask how they are doing.
- Give up a starbucks drink and donate the money to charity or St. Peter’s.
- Pray a rosary for someone else.
- Write someone a nice note.
- Call your parents and tell them you love them!
- Bake something and pass it out dressed as your favorite Christmas character (or just the first part… but the second part is more fun J)
- Tell someone about #givingtuesday and do something together.
- Give someone your “million dollar” smile.
Any other ideas?? Have a great #givingtuesday and try to keep the giving spirit up all Advent long!